Shipping and Returns
Dispatch and Returns Policies
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT DISPATCH OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM. We do, however, deliver to BFPO addresses using Royal Mail. We charge a flat rate postage of £4.95 per order (maximum 10 items). If your order is over 10 items we will consider it as a new order and you will be asked to pay another charge of £4.95. The Boot Tree Ltd reserves the right to decline orders for bulk or high value purchases. Orders are sent by the courier company DPD UK, unless the delivery address is in Northern Ireland or Channel Islands, in which case we use Royal Mail recorded delivery service. DPD delivers Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 17:00. Please allow up to 3 to 5 working days for your order to be processed. Please allow some extra time during the busy summer season, school holidays, as well as bank holidays due to the high volume of orders. For urgent orders please contact our mail order line and we will let you know how we can help. A signature is mandatory, and we kindly ask customers to provide us with a trusted delivery address, where someone will be present to accept the parcel and sign for it. Our deliveries are address to address, not person to person, so DPD drivers will allow whoever answers the door to take receipt of the parcel. You can request your parcel to be left at a safe place when ordering on our website, however, DPD have the liberty to decide whether the requested place is safe enough. If they decide it is not, DPD have the liberty of refusing to leave the parcel and will take it back to their depot and leave a calling card. If no one is available to accept the parcel, DPD will leave a calling card and will attempt another delivery the next working day, unless you respond to a calling card, in which case you will have an option to arrange an alternative working day or collection from your local depot. Please ensure the delivery address is correct before confirming the order, and contact us immediately, if you believe you made a mistake. In case your delivery address is different to your invoice address, please provide us with both, as we need the correct address that matches your card in order to process the payment. If you provide us with the incorrect delivery address and your item is delivered to the incorrect address, we are not liable in case the parcel cannot be retrieved. Please also be aware that if you ordered multiple items, the products may be sent from multiple locations and hence arrive separately. If you received an order and think it is incomplete, please allow a little extra time before contacting us.
Methods of Payment
NO PAYMENT IS TAKEN FROM YOU UNTIL YOUR GOODS ARE READY FOR DISPATCH. We accept the following Credit and Debit cards: VISA, AMEX, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, and VISA/DELTA. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques as a method of payment for Mail Order. Please note that our payment system does not recognise foreign invoice addresses. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the transactions where customers are using a non-UK registered card as a payment method will be successful. In some cases, our team may be able to verify this type of transactions manually. However, this may cause delays, and sometimes your bank may reserve multiple amounts as authentication. Please note that we would not charge more than once, but extra funds may be kept reserved by your bank until they are reversed back to your account and made available for you to use. If possible, we kindly ask customers to always use UK registered cards to avoid these kind of inconvenience. The Boot Tree Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any order placed using a non-UK registered card. Please ensure to provide us with the correct Invoice address details. We need the exact address your card is registered to in order to process the payment. Your delivery address can be different to your billing address. Please add it separately, and make sure it is marked as your delivery address when confirming the order. It is important to provide us with the correct payment details such as the correct card type, long card number, valid from (if applicable) and expiry dates, and the SID (security code) in order to avoid delays and cancellations due to unsuccessful transactions. In case we have issues taking payment, we will endeavour to contact you by email as soon as possible. When placing an order please check that your email address is spelt correctly, and add us to your contact list to avoid the email ending up in your Spam or Junk mail folders. Orders are kept pending for three working days, after which they will be automatically cancelled. Please note that it is best to contact us before replacing the order online to avoid further delays or issues with stock availability. When you make a purchase on this website a system called SagePay is used to take payment. This provides a secure, encrypted gateway between your bank and us. SagePay has been audited and approved by APACS, Visa and MasterCard and is an approved payment solutions provider for Lloyds TSB Cardnet, Barclays Merchant Services, HSBC, American Express, Halifax, and Bank of Scotland. We do not take payment until your order is ready for dispatch. However, SagePay makes a so called Pre-Auth, also called authentication, on the full or part amount of your order. This means that it contacts your bank which "holds" the amount for about three working days making it available for us to take once the order is ready. Sometimes, if we send out your order within the three days it might mean that your bank keeps the transaction in that status - so two amounts might appear to be processing. Please be aware that this is a banking process we do not have control of and you might need to contact your card provider directly for more details. Once the three days have passed you will just have the one payment on your statement. However, if you have any queries regarding the payment, please contact us and we will look into this for you. Please note that the name appearing on your credit or bank account statement will be our trading name 'The Boot Tree Ltd'.
We aim to keep our stock levels at a reasonable amount depending on the season, the style of the footwear and popularity of the item. All goods are subject to stock availability. After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. This means that we received your request for the goods, but does not mean that your order has been accepted. Due to high traffic on the website, some items may occasionally sell out before the order is ready for dispatch. Should we run out of stock, we will not be able to fulfil your order, and hence it may be cancelled. If you ordered multiple items, and we do not have part of the order, we will remove the unavailable items from your order, so we could dispatch the remaining ones. We will endeavour to notify you of any such issues as quickly as possible via e-mail.
We hope you will be delighted with your purchase. Please ensure you are standing on a carpeted surface when trying the footwear on. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns if the soles or linings are marked. If you decide to return your Mail Order purchase, please do so within 30 days of receiving it. In case you receive parts your order on different dates, the cancellation period will start when you receive the last item . Any products must be returned in their original condition and the original packaging along with a clearly filled out Returns Form or a copy of your Invoice. Following Consumer Contracts Regulation 2013/3134, we will refund our delivery charge on full orders returned within 14 days of receipt. Postage costs for sending goods back are at your own expense. Our company's policy does not offer refunds on return costs, unless the return is a result of our error or the goods are deemed faulty. Please note that items bought as presents can only be refunded or exchanged with the permission of the original purchaser, and a proof of purchase will be required. Please note that products purchased at our London Retail Stores must be returned back to the store within 14 days of purchase alongside the original receipt as proof of purchase as well as the original packaging. If you are not based in London and cannot make the return back to the store, please get in touch with our customer services for advice. Occasionally, we may be able to accept shop purchase returns at our Mail Order department, but this needs to be arranged before the goods are sent back to us. Gift Vouchers and Credit Notes cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded once purchased or issued. We also cannot accept returns for Special orders.
How to Return or Exchange:
1. There is no need to telephone us when sending us a return.
2. Please fill out the Returns form that came with your order. If you require an exchange, please make sure to give us clear product details including product or style code, material, colour, width and size. If the new product is different to the original in style or price, we will have to issue a refund for the goods you return, and may need your card details to process the exchange order. You can either provide those details on the Returns form, or provide us with your telephone number for contact.
3. Please wrap the package securely ideally in the original shipping bag. If you no longer have the bag then we suggest that you pack your shoes in their original shoe box and wrap it in a material appropriate for posting such as heavy brown paper. Make sure to include your filled in Returns form. Do not use the shoe box as outer packaging, as we will have to charge a £5.00 re-boxing fee. This fee will also apply if you fail to return your shoes in their original box.
4. Please send the parcel to: Birkenstock 1 Addison Bridge Place London W14 8XP
5. It is entirely up to you what postal service you wish to use to send your order back. However, Royal mail might be the most cost effective option. Please take your parcel(s) to your nearest post office (unless an alternative service is used) and enquire about postal services and prices that are most cost effective. For your protection, we would recommend that you use recorded delivery. Always retain proof of postage. Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse for goods that are lost in transit. Goods are returned to us at your own expense.
6. We also accept mail order returns at our retail stores. Please follow our regular Returns Policy and Terms and Conditions such as the 30 days for the returns, returned item condition, etc. Please take your Invoice with you as it will act as proof of purchase.
7. Following Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013/3134, we will refund our delivery charges on full orders returned back to us within 14 days of receipt. Postage costs for sending goods back are at your own expense. Our company's policy does not offer refunds on return costs, unless the return is a result of our error or the goods are deemed faulty.
8. We aim to process all Returns within 2 to 3 working days of receiving them. Please allow an extra 3 to 5 working days for the refund to show up on your statement. For exchanges, all stock is subject to availability. Please allow up to 3 to 5 working days for your exchange order to be processed. If the item you requested for exchange has a price difference from the item you are returning, we will be unable to process the exchange directly. The current procedure is to refund the customer in full and the customer will need to place a new order for the new item. In this situation we will endeavour to contact the customer via telephone or e-mail explaining how to proceed.